In practice, learning and applying DBT to adherence may not feel so simple. Providers who wish to offer the research-based treatment model in their practice will need to make a considerable investment of time and study to learn the model.
Behavioral Tech is here to support you throughout your learning and ongoing growth as a DBT provider.
Plan Your DBT Training Path
Are you new to DBT or Behavioral Tech? These introductions provide a useful overview.
Levels of Training
The appropriate amount of training will depend on your goals and the needs of the clients or patients whom you treat. Our Levels of Training make it easy to plan your DBT path. Four levels of training help you progress your treatment knowledge and skill. You can also check our calendar of events to see our upcoming in-person training opportunities.
Your individual training plan should take into account whether you want to:
- Appropriate at Every Level
- Level 1 – Introduction to DBT: Learn the basic principles of DBT and decide if it is right for you and your clients
- Level 2 – Therapy Essentials: Apply DBT principles and how DBT skills can integrate into your existing practice. You may also choose to offer DBT skills training groups.
- Level 3 – Comprehensive Training in Standard DBT: Implement a full DBT program, based on the original model developed and researched by Dr. Marsha Linehan
- Level 4 – Advanced DBT Training and Adaptations: Learn how to adapt DBT for special populations (e.g., children, adolescents)